Welcome to Balboa Nephrology Medical Group
Balboa Nephrology Medical Group, Inc. is a physician group specializing in the care of patients with kidney disease and related illnesses.
Beginning in 1974 as part of San Diego Internal Medicine, we have grown from two physicians to a comprehensive nephrology team of 34 board certified physicians. From one small office, BNMG now has 15 clinical offices throughout San Diego and Imperial Counties.
In addition to office and hospital based patient care, BNMG physicians manage the dialysis treatments of approximately 2,000 patients at 30 dialysis centers. We also provide many ancillary services, including:
- Consultation experts for chronic kidney disease (CKD), hypertension treatment, dialysis technology, and transplantation
- Interventional Nephrology
- Medical Director leadership at dialysis clinics
- Vascular Access Center for fistula, graft, and catheter insertion and maintenance
- Close association with Sharp Memorial Hospital kidney transplant program
- Principal Investigators for kidney research through California Institute of Renal Research (CIRR)
Please visit our departments to learn more about us. We look forward to helping you.